Thursday, November 18, 2010


The dilemma: having to create a completely new wardrobe on a single parent budget. This isn't good. It just can't end well. I moved a couple times before I got to "here" and to me packing means packing the trashcan with things I won't be hauling with me to my next destination. It was a tough call too, I mean things just didn't fit. I look for them sometimes and after a while I realize it's not just misplaced but gone. I also didn't realize everything I kept happened to be in a range of sizes, so complete outfits I do not have.

Now I don't mean mommy and me clothes or work clothes. When I have the time to get ready I want to wear something impractical. I've come full circle. When you're a kid you don't care if you're feet hurt or your ass is cold, as long as it looks good. As you get older you learn the value of keeping warm and being comfortable. I just want to look good. Pregnancy will kind of do that to you. It was easier to be fashionable before the baby. Maternity clothes are a lot cheaper and you don't have to get dressed during nap time. The idea of creating a whole new wardrobe should be thrilling, this is me we're talking about here, but instead it just seems like a daunting hassle. It's probably just the money. I have expensive taste now. It happened overtime... Oh and mother nature. Winter here is a bitch. I love snow but freezing locks and frozen shut doors with an arm full of shopping bags and a baby, not my idea of a Kodak moment.

Hmmm, even with all that, clothes seem to be an endless source of happiness. I embrace my inner shallowness, you should too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment