Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Third Incarnation

of my room. I rearranged and it was a bitch. Real wood is heavy; I was literally suspended between the wall and a wardrobe trying to push it across to the other side of the room. I do believe this works better though, better chi or feng shui or what not. I was hesitant to move the larger items after the last time I tried to push the bed, but I'm glad that I did. Now all I have to do is put the wall hangings back in proper order. To nail or not to nail, that is now the question. I used nails and sticky adhesive tape the last time and the tape lifted off the paint and wallpaper (?) from the walls. Uhh, I don't know how I'm going to explain those when I move out but I'm going to do my damnedest to cover them up at this point. Also, my wall sconces did not come with the screws pictured on the box. Now really, it specifically said they didn't come with the candles or flowers pictured on the box, but the matching screws? That would have been nice to know.

Other things that have earned an honorable mention without being honorable:

The baby was absolutely befuddled when I sat him in the middle of the freshly rearranged room.

I bought 3 dresses at Urban Outfitters and cozy warm things to wear during this Portland/Vancouver winter. Although the knit cowl threatens to smother me, I might not return it after-all...

Found things I want to go to...an Ale festival, Christmas Ship Parade, and a Holiday Artisian Market. But what I'd really like to do is something more artsy like a gallery/reading/show.

Not finding time to read.

Finding more things to add to my reading list.

Stacks of books can no longer be taller than the baby!

Need to solicit music recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment